Jet Tables is a built-in sheets-like (SQL) database
With Jet Tables, you can build apps more efficiently using a PostgreSQL database hosted by Jet, which doesn't require any setup time.
Using Jet Database, you can:
- Interact with the data through a spreadsheet-style interface to easily edit, search, filter, and sort records
- Sync your 30+ data sources (Airtable, GoogleSheets, Firebase, ...) to Jet Tables
- Utilize a PostgreSQL database that is securely hosted
- Import or Export data in the different formats: CSV, XLS, XLSX, JSON
- Making SQL queries
- Multiple environments, including staging and production, can be used to manage the database
To get started with Jet tables, click "New Data" in the integrations list in the top left corner:
Then, you'll get to the page where you can set the initial configuration of your data source:
You can access the set-up menu by clicking the three dots next to the data source name (1), where you can change the name or delete it.
You also get to choose how to bring in your own data: you can either create a table by uploading the existing data in CSV, XLS, XLSX, or JSON (2) or create a new blank table to add fields and values manually (3).
Then you'll be taken to the main data section. There are three main areas or parts:
- (1) In the left part, you can manage collections (tables) and the resource (Jet Tables) itself
- (2) In the top part, you scope in onto the individual table that's been selected on the left. You can switch between the tabs to change the structure, and the field types, and access the API
- (3) Here you can manage the table's data: add new records, change fields, and add the new ones
Now, we'll look at how to manage the data inside of a particular table.
Now, to go from the dummy data to your own, there are two major paths:
- Import the data
- Edit the table directly
To edit the data in the table directly, you can edit the existing fields (1) and add new fields (2)
Id field (also referred to as "primary key"), can not be changed or deleted as it's used as a unique identifier of a record