Comment on page
Parse JSON Fields
Parse JSON to create new columns with the data you want
If your dataset has a field that contains data in a JSON format, you can parse that field to display the specific pieces of data you want in new columns. You can do this by creating a new custom field and then passing it a value that references the JSON field.
Let's explain this more in depth by using the following example.
Suppose you have a field that has JSON data like the following:
Without changing anything, it will be displayed like this:
- 1.Edit the data type for the field with your JSON data. It will be Text by default; change it to JSON. Here you can also change how the data in this column is displayed within this field – as either text or as fields.
- 2.Create a new Computed Field with the data you want
- 1.Click Add computed column in the table menu on the right
- 2.Pass the correct value to your field: - Click the ƒx Formula button - Choose the field from your table that has your JSON data - Choose the JSON field and value that you need
- 3.Give your column an appropriate name
- 4.Adjust the data type for your field as necessary
- 3.(Optional) Hide the field with the JSON data by clicking on the slider next to the field name in the Table menu